8.26.2009

This Is the Day that Never Ends (to the tune of This Is the Song that Never Ends)

Today has been one of those crazy running around days. Since my choice to be a working mother has morphed into a necessity to work, occasionally I have a day when there is a little bit “extra” work to do. This extra was voluntary today, but it was a real resumé-booster. I won’t bore you with THOSE details; instead I will bore you with others.
It began with a call from my sweet mom, who has been watching my recovering daughter all week. Actually it was my dad on the phone, but that’s irrelevant. My mom had been up all night ill, and wasn’t sure that she could watch 3 kids (plus the 4th after 2:00). I said, no problem, I can find another place for the infant and the 6 year old after 2:00. Luckily, my dad volunteered to pick up daughter and 4 year old at 7:00 AM. I left at 7:20, as usual, and took infant to Jeanie’s and 6 year old to school.
At work, I usually check my bank account balance, and I discovered that I have $1.73 in the bank, to last until Monday (no, I didn’t forget any zero’s). Ed needed gas, but he couldn’t get any, so I dropped him off at his classroom. At 2:00, when Bauer (6 year old) got out of school (Wednesdays only!), I decided it would be prudent to pick both him and the baby up and transport them to their next location, so that I wouldn’t have to do it as two separate trips. So I shot my boss an “I’m leaving real quick, but I will be back and stay late” email, not really getting permission………but anyway, I drove to the school, drove to Jeanie’s, drove home because I forgot formula, drove to Papa’s, and drove back to work. The running around isn’t over yet, either. I still have a meeting and AWANA to go…I’ll keep you posted. Like you care!

No comments:

Post a Comment