8.27.2009

Family Circus

When I was a kid, I didn't know what "Family Circus" meant, but now I know.  I think it should be illegal to have two different back-to-school obligations in one week.  I have spent the last 3 evenings doing stuff outside the house, and my house looks like a sty.
Anyway, the big adventure today was a post-op check-up for Claire.  I decided to take all four kids with me.  Why?  Well, let's see...I drop them off at 7:30 in the morning.  I had to ask my father-in-law to watch recovering Claire all day today (and as a bonus, can you please take her to her school at 11:45 so she can chat with her friends during lunch?  You can just sit there and talk to the teacher's aide that you don't know from Adam), and I had to ask my mom and sister to watch the three big ones so I could go to back to school night (no children, please) at my kids' school.  SO, you can see that my favors were all used up today.  My husband didn't really understand that when I told him that I had trouble remembering everything the doctor said because I was keeping little hands off the medical equipment.  His solution was, don't take all of them.  Gee, ok.  Gosh, why didn't I think of that?

1 comment:

  1. Totally! Family circus and Baby Blues are my favorite cartoons these days...you gave me great insight last week. Get showered, dressed and beautified :) before the kids get up...you are an awesome mom to work every day and pass such valuable insight on to your friends! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete